BestsellerMagazine.com - CATEGORY Daily News: TITLE
As the new school year begins, it’s time to round up a new crew to create our weekly TX. teen section.
We need Northern Utah high school students who can write stories, take photographs or shoot videos, and draw illustrations for our Sunday section in print and online.
No one knows the high school experience better than high school students, be it the homework and choir rehearsals, the school lunches and proms, or the football games and debate tournaments. And whether it’s favorites in music and movies or discussions on the current political scene, TX. is the place to sound off on life from the teen vantage point.
If you’d like to join our 2017-2018 TX. staff, here is how you can apply.
All TX. staffers must be
• Sophomores, juniors or seniors, ages 15-18.
• Residents of Davis, Weber, Box Elder or Morgan counties.
• Able to attend staff meetings at the Standard-Examiner at 4 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month.
• Able to meet deadlines.
Every applicant must send:
1. Name, address, phone number, age, email address, high school and grade attending this fall.
2. An essay, in 200 to 400 words, explaining why you want to be part of TX. Don’t be shy — tell us why you would be our staff’s best writer, photographer or illustrator.
3. A statement from your parent(s) or guardian with permission to work for TX. (if you are under 18).
Also, please send these additional items for the type of work you are interested in. You may apply for more than one position.
1. One sample TX. article — a new, original story that you’d like to write for the section. It can be a feature story, opinion column, movie or CD review, concert review or any topic that you think teens would like to read about.
2. One more sample of your writing. This can be a second TX. sample story, or an article from a school newspaper or a school writing assignment from any class. DO NOT send poetry.
3. Three ideas of topics or events that you could possibly write about or cover during the coming year.
Applicants should send six (6) photo samples with their applications, either print or digital photos (which will not be returned). If you have experience shooting video, or would like to try creating video content for TX., tell us about your qualifications or interest in that as well.
1. Send two (2) color samples of your work (samples will not be returned) with your application. Teen-oriented illustrations will catch our attention. Finalists will be notified by phone and may be asked to do a sample assignment or come in for an interview with a portfolio of their work.
All work created for the TX. section is voluntary. Please mail your application and other items specified to:
TX. — Becky Cairns
332 S. Standard Way
P.O. Box 12790
Ogden, UT 84412-2790
Applications must be postmarked or turned in at our office by Wednesday, Aug. 23. Students who are selected will begin attending staff meetings on Sept. 20.
For more information, email email@example.com or call editor Becky Cairns at 801-710-3170. To see or read our TX. section online, visit www.standard.net.
BestsellerMagazine.com, Site News Today\\\'s world Presenting Daily News Latest News and Latest Regarding News Politics, Business, Sports Up Celebrity Gossip.
Source : http://www.standard.net/TX/2017/08/20/Start-school-year-off-right-join-our-TX-staff