BestsellerMagazine.com - CATEGORY Worldwide news: TITLE
A new book provides a creative twist to the phrasedinner and a movie. Bollywood Kitchen pairs delectable Indian meals with some of the best Bollywood movies you can stream online right now! The author, lifestyle expert Sri Rao, shared one of the meals and movies featured in the colorful and entertaining cookbook.
Here's the recipe for the Masala-Crusted Salmon dish Sri shared during today's show, as part of the meal he paired with the iconic 2001 film Lagaan: ONce Upon A Time in India.
Masala-Crusted Salmon - by Sri Rao (recipe also found on page 39 of Bollywood Kitchen)
4 salmon fillets (1-1/2 to 2 pounds total), skinned
2 tablespoons paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon Indian red chilli powder (or cayenne pepper)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon canola
- Wash and pat dry the salmon fillets.
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, cumin, coriander, brown sugar, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric, and lemon zest.
- Rub approximately 1/2 tablespoon of the spice blend onto each side of the salmon fillets.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, place the fillets in the pan and cook for 4 minutes on the first side.
- Flip the fillets and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes on the second side, or until the desired degree of doneness.
- Plate the salmon and drizzle with pudina (mint) chutney (recipe found on page 43 of Bollywood Kitchen)
© 2017 KING-TV
BestsellerMagazine.com, Forum discussion and sharing News from home and abroad. Starting from the ideological, political, economic, social and cultural.
Source : http://www.king5.com/entertainment/television/programs/new-day-northwest/unique-new-cookbook-pairs-delectable-indian-dinners-with-hit-bollywood-films/491416820