BestsellerMagazine.com - Top news: TITLE
A 36-year-old man was sprawled on the sidewalk near an intersection in the Homan Square neighborhood late Friday as firefighters tended to his gunshot wound.
Chicago police officers and women gathered around the man. He shook his head at his teenage daughter as paramedics wheeled him into an ambulance. The daughter lingered outside the ambulance until it took off.
About 11:35 p.m., he had been standing outside when a car pulled up in the 3300 block of West Flournoy Street and someone inside opened fire, striking him in the right leg, police said. He was taken in good condition to Stroger Hospital.
The man was one of at least eight people wounded in shootings from Friday afternoon to early Saturday.> >
- In the West Englewood neighborhood, someone inside a silver sedan shot a 23-year-old man who had been sitting in a car about 6:10 a.m. Saturday in the 6400 block of South Hoyne Avenue, police said. He was shot in the hand and grazed in the neck. His condition was stabilized at Advocate Christ Medical Center.
- Just before 2:20 a.m. Saturday, an 18-year-old man was shot in the leg while he was standing outside in the 200 block of South Kildare Avenue in the West Garfield Park neighborhood, police said. The shooter got out of a white Chevrolet Malibu and shot at the man. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was listed in fair condition.
- Minutes earlier, a 24-year-old man was shot in the leg while he was in the 300 block of North Lorel Avenue in the South Austin neighborhood, police said. The shooting happened about 2:15 a.m. Saturday while he was outside. He took himself to West Suburban Medical Center, where he was listed in good condition.
- A 22-year-old man was seriously wounded about 10:30 p.m. Friday in the 7900 block of South Springfield Avenue near the Ashburn neighborhood, police said. He was in a car when a silver Lexus pulled up and someone inside shot him in the head and right shoulder. A group of people took him to Advocate Christ Medical Center, where he was listed in serious condition.
- A 52-year-old man suffered a graze wound to the stomach around 4 p.m. Friday in the 2500 block of South Troy Street, in the Little Village neighborhood. He was sitting outside a home when a gunman approached and fired a shot, grazing him in the torso before running away, police said. The man was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was listed in good condition. Earlier, police said he was 51.
- A 49-year-old man was shot about 2:15 p.m. Friday in the 7100 block of South Ellis Avenue, in the city's Grand Crossing neighborhood, police said. He took a private vehicle to South Shore Hospital, where he was being treated for a gunshot wound to the leg, police said.
Chicago saw multiple shootings in the overnight hours of Aug. 11-13, 2017.
BestsellerMagazine.com, Forum discussion and sharing News from home and abroad. Starting from the ideological, political, economic, social and cultural.
Source : http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-man-49-shot-in-grand-crossing-neighborhood-20170811-story.html