BestsellerMagazine.com - Top news: TITLE
Elkhart County Sheriff’s officers are asking for the public’s help in identifying four people who were involved in a home-invasion armed robbery near Elkhart.
At 5:56 p.m. Friday, William Volkmann, 59, was at his home when three black males and a white female entered his residence located at 25267 C.R. 6, Elkhart and displayed handguns.
According to police, the suspects removed a rifle, an undisclosed amount of cash and a cell phone from the home. Volkmann received an abrasion to his chin from being punched and hit with a firearm. Police said he did not require medical treatment.
Anyone with information about this armed robbery can contact the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department’s Detective Bureau by calling 574-891-2300 or by clicking on the “Submit a Tip” button located at the top of the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Department’s Facebook page.
Goshen resident Galen Helmuth, 47, died of injuries he suffered in a single-vehicle crash at 59572 C.R. 27, Goshen, at 6:37 p.m. Friday.
According to Goshen police, Helmuth was northbound on C.R. 27 and as he passed C.R. 24, his 1978 Chevrolet Corvette rand off the east side of the road and struck a tree.
Helmuth suffered injuries to his head, hips and left arm and was pronounced dead at the scene. No other people or vehicles were involved.
• Michelle Coffman, LaGrange, reported to LaGrange County police that on April 27 her identity was stolen and a person had opened an account and run a bill of $556 using her information. Coffman was informed by Life Lock April 23 the fraud originated in Pampano Beach, Florida. The fraud is under investigation.
• Goshen police are investigating a vandalism at Chandler Elementary School, 419 S. Eighth St., Goshen. A wall at the school was spray painted over the weekend.
• Donnette Bontrager, Goshen, reported to Goshen police Sunday someone shattered the rear window of her truck cap at 1320 S. Eighth St., Goshen, at 2 a.m. Sunday.
• Rainee Smith, Goshen, reported to Goshen police Sunday her house had been vandalized with spray paint at midnight Sunday.
• Arienne Garcia, Goshen, reported to Goshen police her home at 1106 S. 15th St., Goshen, had been vandalized.
STOLEN VEHICLE RECOVERED
• A vehicle stolen out of Goshen was recovered by Goshen police at 23466 Old US 20, Elkhart, Sunday. The vehicle was found by Elkhart County police to have been involved in a crash with a tree. No one was found in the vehicle. There were several open beer bottles located inside and outside the vehicle.
• Delores Kramer, 52906 York Hills Drive, Middlebury, reported to Elkhart County police about 2 p.m. Sunday that $400 in valuables were stolen from her home by a female suspect.
• Jesus Hernandez, 111 Mill St., Goshen, reported to Goshen police his personal and work-related items had been stolen from his residence by an unknown person.
• Marcos Garcia, 718 E. Jefferson St., Goshen, reported to Goshen police that at 10 p.m. Saturday his garage was burglarized.
Julia Kariuki, Mishawaka, reported to Elkhart County police that her 2015 Chevrolet Equinox was struck at C.R.s 18 and 13 at 3:54 a.m. Sunday. The driver of the other vehicle left the scene without providing information.
• Austin M. Burner-Qualls, 23, no address listed, was cited and released by Elkhart County deputies around 4:56 p.m. Friday on a charge of possession of 3 grams of marijuana. He was stopped on Ind. 19, north of C.R. 4 in Elkhart.
• Mellissa Caylyn Ropp, 40, 18964 C.R. 46, Goshen, was arrested by Elkhart County deputies around 12:30 p.m. Saturday on a charge of possession of marijuana. She was stopped at C.R. 17 north of U.S. 20 in Elkhart. She was taken to Elkhart County Jail.
• Brock Nye, 45, 52986 Wade St., Bristol, was arrested at Ind. 19 and State Line Road by Elkhart County police at 1:35 a.m. Sunday on a charge of driving while intoxicated. He was taken to Elkhart County Jail.
• Kenneth E. Sweet, 32, no address listed, was arrested by Elkhart County police at 7:43 p.m. Sunday on a charge of possession of marijuana after being stopped for a traffic violation on C.R. 28 east of C.R. 17, Goshen. He was cited and released from the scene.
• Amanda Engel, 31, 15101 Williams Road, Defiance, Ohio, and Matthew Derbyshire, 27, 700 W. Parkway Drive, Pleasant Lake, were arrested by LaGrange County police on drug-related charges following a traffic stop at 5400 E. U.S. 20, LaGrange at 12:22 a.m. Monday. Both Engel and Derbyshire were charged with dealing in methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana, possession of a handgun by a convicted felon, possession of paraphernalia and false informing.
• Johnnie Ford, 57, 1822 Ashley Court, Apt. B, Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police around 4:15 p.m. Sunday on charges of possession of synthetic marijuana after he was stopped for a traffic violation at Sixth and Washington streets. He was released pending a court date.
• David Copell, 21, 1613 S. Main St., Goshen, was arrested by Goshen police on a charge of possession of and dealing in marijuana. He was released pending a court date.
BestsellerMagazine.com, latest News Around the world presents the latest information of national, regional, and international, politics, economics, sports, automotive, and lifestyle.
Source : http://www.goshennews.com/news/police-news-elkhart-county-man-robbed-at-gunpoint-in-his/article_d4387808-d2e5-5491-a068-31fda03cce60.html