BestsellerMagazine.com - CATEGORY Report update: TITLE
CloseImage 1 of 1 Lorde Predicted Fall of Powerful Men in Hollywood Almost a Year Ago: ‘This Came True I Guess’ 1 / 1 Back to Gallery
Seth MacFarlane isn’t the only celebrity who saw a downfall coming for the powerful men in Hollywood that started with Harvey Weinstein.
Grammy winner Lorde predicted a “storm coming” back at the beginning of 2017, in regards to all those “old men in power.”
“These old men in power have a storm coming, the likes of which they cannot comprehend,” she tweeted on Jan. 29.
these old men in power have a storm coming, the likes of which they cannot comprehend
Latest entertainment videos
- ShowBiz Minute: Spurlock, Hayek, Oprah AP
- Screening of New FOX drama 911 FoxLA
- Bening hopes for greater female empowerment AP
- Smith feels 'Bright' about new movie AP
- Rock star: Johnson inducted into Walk of Fame AP
- New York's Fifth Avenue Glows With Christmas Lights Storyful
- Did Chris Brown buy his daughter a monkey for Christmas? Fox13Tampa
- John Stamos Shares Baby News: 'I'll Be a Fun Dad' TMTime
- You Need To See The Romantic Place Where Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Fell In Love TownAndCountry
- A Countdown to the 13 Most Expensive Celebrity Dresses of All Time ELLEDecor
— Lorde (@lorde) January 29, 2017
this came true i guess https://t.co/03EY0bfDLr
— Lorde (@lorde) December 6, 2017
In hindsight, the tweet is creepily accurate, though the singer might have been imagining more political players getting in trouble than executives in Hollywood–he tweeted just days after Donald Trump was sworn in as president.
“This came true I guess,” Lorde tweeted on Wednesday, quoting her original tweet.
Even if she did have politicians in mind, it’s still true. Many men in politics–including Senator Al Franken and Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore–have been reckoning with accusations of sexual misconduct. And of course, POTUS has several accusations against him, too.
The storm did originate in Hollywood, though–perhaps it started with Bill Cosby, and gained momentum with Harvey Weinstein, which opened the flood gates. Dozens of men have been accused of sexual misconduct, spurring the #MeToo movement–a social movement large enough to win Time magazine’s “Person of the Year.”
Read original story Lorde Predicted Fall of Powerful Men in Hollywood Almost a Year Ago: ‘This Came True I Guess’ At TheWrap
BestsellerMagazine.com, Forum discussion and sharing News from home and abroad. Starting from the ideological, political, economic, social and cultural.
Source : http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Lorde-Predicted-Fall-of-Powerful-Men-in-Hollywood-12413223.php